Dancing has been described as exercise disguised as fun. "FUN" is the key word for this meetup group. Let's keep the drama, negative vibes, and criticism out of our events and communications. Socializing with fun-loving fellow humans is the main reason for our meetup events, and country and western dancing is the "carrot" for joining and participating.
- Members' safety and comfort (esp. for the ladies) will be a top priority of the organizer(s). We will not allow predators, stalkers or other miscreants (men or women) to participate. The group organizer(s), or someone trusted, will offer to escort ladies (esp. those alone) to their cars when they are leaving an event. Ladies . . . please ask for a trusted escort, if you feel uncomfortable walking out alone.
- This group is for couples as well as singles. So bringing a date (as in "guest") or significant other is highly encouraged.
- This is not a dating meetup group as with "Match" or other online dating websites. Meeting and dating someone in the group is totally up to you; that will not be discouraged at all. In fact, kudos to you if you meet THE ONE while dancing at one of our events.
- Additional fees: Certain venues, where we will have some events, will charge a small fee for lessons or a cover charge. Your participation in those lessons and events is totally up to you. Usually you can still attend the event without taking the lesson.
- Effective Mar 1, 2016, any requests to join the group must go through the organizer(s) for approval.
Here are the facts:
- Who - Singles and couples, 21 or older, beginning and experienced C&W dancers.
- What - Learn to dance country and western then enjoy it in a fun atmosphere.
- When - Various times, mainly in the evenings and on weekends.
- Where - Various dance venues in the San Antonio and central Texas areas.
- Why - To have fun while dancing, socializing, and getting some great exercise.
- How - Mainly attending venues with free lessons, and doing open dancing at many neat places. We'll be getting help from experienced members and some professional instructors.
Questions? Always feel free to ask.
NO DUES. Membership is free as long as you behave yourself.