Needs a location
Seats available for energetic, dynamic, experienced, local, ROLE-playing Spokane RPG players in AD&D campaign. We had some players move and/or have schedule conflicts, & need to re-fill those roles to launch live show sometime in June.
We need 2-3 more players (plus 1-2 backups) to round out the group. You must be in Spokane to attend the game sessions in person. These are volunteer positions. Professional grade means someone comfortable with being on-camera, that acts in a friendly but professional manner, that is realiable, with appropriate language & manners appropriate for being on a live family-friendly broadcast and in a professional setting.
Prior AD&D 1st ed experience preferred, not required, but need at least 5 years prior RPG player experience.
Weekly live tabletop RPG show broadcast over Twitch to raise awareness about RPGs and as a fundraiser for 501(c)3 non-profit organization RPG Research (http://rpgresearch.com). Not yet launched officially as we finish getting everyone on board. Have raised thousands of dollars in the past for RPG Research through other efforts, hope this new program will be successful as well.
Players will be playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition in a custom homebrew multiverse campaign setting, with various house rules, and extensions from TSR books and Dragon magazine.
Players will need to pass the interview and audition process before being accepted.
You not only need to be an exceptional role-playing game player, you also need to have a good professional manner, keep your language clean even during stressful scenes, and have a dynamic personality interesting for our audience to view (and often root for).
All ages welcome.
This is a volunteer role requiring a weekly commitment for a MINIMUM of 3 months from when the campaign/show launches (likely in June 2018).
Process (in order) for appllication:
1. RSVP here on Meetup to get your name/account noticed and let us know you are interested. Keep RSVPing each week to stay in the loop. Part of this is an easy way for you to show your reliability and commitment.
2. Contact John Welker with your RPG & Public Performance related resume attached with your contact information (email, phone, social networks, etc.): john at rpgresearch dot com.
3. Send a link to a video explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Sunday gaming group, "Heroes of the Mist". http://mistheroes.com
4. After making contact with John, and receiving a response, attend any open Thursday or Monday RPG Training sessions (RSVP listings available here on Meetup).
5. When we have enough qualifying applicants, that have completed their auditions, we will make a decision on the players selected. We may select 1-2 others as alternates/backups as well.
6. When you receive the acceptance email/call, complete and sign the paperwork. We will schedule time for you to create your custom AD&D 1st Edition character in the multiverse setting "Worlds of Beru".
7. Before the show launches officially, you need to attend the Twitch tech testing broadcast sessions to get familiar with the setup, fellow group members, admins, layout, rules, body language, affect, etc.
8. Launch the show some time in June, and have fun gaming!
We want people that are both friendly and professional, Comfortable on camera, no odious habits. Our players consist of professionals from various fields, including Seattle's Jet City Improv, Recreation Therapy, and others.
Currently have 3-4 players, and GM. Also have half a dozen artists (real-time and prior artwork), several moderators, and some tech/a-v roles (could use 1-2 more).
We just need 3 more players to finalize things to launch the show some time in June.
Please feel free to post questions here or send direct messages.
Email: info at rpgresearch dot com.
Toll-free phone: (833) RPG-INFO x709 (John Welker)
Twitch channel: https://twitch.tv/rpgresearch
Show website: http://mistheroes.com