Needs a location
By Pixar Panelists:
* Becki Tower - Animation
* Tanja Krampfert - Modeling/Rigging
* George Nguyen - Art/Shading
* Mariana Galindo - Tailoring/Sim
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm : Check in and Networking
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm : Panel discussion and Q&A
7:30 pm - 8:00 pm : Wrap up (edited)
You *MUST* register at this other page:
- RSVP'ing on Meetup will not guarantee you a seat. You would need to RSVP on the link above.
- All guests are required to show a government-issued photo ID to be signed in.
- All guests will need to sign an NDA in compliance with Facebook's security policy.
- There is limited parking available on campus. Guests are advised to use public transport or ride-sharing apps to get to the venue instead.
- All parking and driving instructions are available on the RSVP link above.
- No photography or videography is allowed at the event.
- Seating is limited to 200 guests at the venue.
- RSVP's will close 5 days before the event or if the guest list reaches 200, whichever is earlier.
Hope to see you all at the event!
In Toy Story 4, audiences rediscover BoPeep, who returns after nearly 20 years away from the big screen. In adapting her design, we considered not only the cultural context of reviving one of our industry’s first female characters, informing our story and design, but also the technology now available, which drove explorations in shading, simulation, and animation. This talk describes BoPeep’s journey through production: from initial research into decades-old reference and visualization, to the modern results and strides we’ve taken across both creative and technical specialties.