What we're about
Due to the number of people who are already in the class, I am not going to approve any more members for this bootcamp.
Hi! My name is Aman Gupta, and I am a professional computer programmer for the last nine years. I started my career working for Google as a Software Engineer, and I currently work for InMobi, a digital advertising firm. Computer programming has been my passion for over 20 years.
Ability to code has become a valuable skill set to have, and this boot camp introduces beginners to computer programming. I believe that education is the best way to improve society, and I want to help to increase knowledge of as many people as I can. Teaching programming is my way to contribute.
Here are the main things to consider if you want to attend this program:
1. It is a free 15-16 week program where we will meet once a week. Every session will last about 2 hours. On top of that, I expect that you will need to put at least 5-15 hours every week on your own.
2. We will be learning to code in Python, which is a popular, and beginner friendly, programming language.
3. The syllabus is documented here (https://github.com/amangup/coding-bootcamp).
4. Though there are no coding pre-requisites, it is good to evaluate if you are interested in programming. Good coding requires mathematical and structural thinking. For example, if you hate numbers, it's unlikely you will like coding.
5. One of the reasons I am interested in conducting a coding boot camp is because in general such programs are quite expensive. Thus, if you can afford to attend those, please consider doing that instead of joining this free program, so that other people can participate.
6. You need to bring your laptop, and maybe a water bottle and some snacks. InMobi has graciously agreed to provide its office space, and it's internet connection, for me to be able to teach these classes. InMobi office is located at 475 Brannan St. in San Francisco, and all classes will be held after work hours from 6.30pm.