In this months meetup we will be demonstrating several Lo-Fi hip-hop production techniques. This genre can be classified by it’s heavy use of sampling and processing techniques used to produce an intentional low fidelity sound and vibe. Lo-Fi has been carved out by DIY beat-makers producing nostalgic instrumentals with modern production tools. The production characteristics often include the intentional use of noise, tape hiss, fuzz and anything else to make the record sound special and unique.
In this workshop presenters Javad Butah (Ableton) and Lenny Kiser (Ableton Certified Trainer) will show you how to:
• Use Lo-Fi sampling techniques
• Chop and tune audio samples
• Expand a sample based production by layering with instruments
• Use audio effects to process Lo-Fi sounds
• Gather and work with field recordings
This meetup is for all skill levels! Come hang out, learn new things, and meet other Ableton users in the community!