Please read notes below:
Join us for the 2017 Great American Eclipse! The entire continental US will have a view of a partial eclipse.
We'll have telescopes with special solar filters.
More info here:
[We're anticipating a VERY large crowd. Also we'd like to minimize any disruption to the school next to the Houge Park parking lot.]
- Please park on the street. There are 5 handicap parking spaces available.
- Do not ever look at the sun without a proper solar filter. It takes less than 1 second to permanently destroy your eye(s).
- This is a "Partial" Solar Eclipse meaning it will go from 0% to 75% back to 0%, you do not need to stay for the entire event.
- I believe that the Discovery Channel with have a live television event during the entire eclipse.
- NASA is suppose to be live-streaming the event as well. (for those who do not want to deal with the parking).
- Restrooms are located in Bldg # 2 (farthest building from tennis courts).
- Be safe, be courteous, have fun.