• What we'll do
Steven Christenson, Astronomy Photographer of the Year, 2010, will show us his award winning work and regale us with tips on Photoshop, and night photography in general. Steven will demonstrate:
• Combining twilight or daylight images with night image(s) to make a stunning photo.
• Using night photography processing techniques on daylight shots to produce unique results (timestacks)
• A gaggle of time and frustration saving tips for your Photoshop workflow
• Clever gear and camera tricks to achieve better night photography results.
• How to get a better (night) image from the git-go.
• Top 10 reasons to do Night Photography
About: Steven is: a photographer, hiker, astronomer and a professional geek. You can read about him on his website, http://starcircleacademy.com/2011/05/about-steven/.
Winner of the International "Astronomy Photographer of the Year, 2010" in the category People and Space. Featured on ABC 7 news, San Francisco, and in a short feature by Buzz Films, United Kingdom; and an instructor at StarCircleAcademy.com, a Bay Area Night Photography group co-organizer. He was runner up in the same contest and category in 2012, too.
• What to bring
For this presentation, you will not need laptops. If you have already RSVP'd, then find out you will not be able to attend, please change your attendance status to "Not Going," so that someone else can take your place. Thanks!
• Important to know
We'll have pizza and socializing from 6:30p – 7:00p. The presentation will start at 7:00p in Park Conference Room of Adobe Systems' East Tower, 321 Park Avenue, San Jose. The presentation will end at 8:00p, followed by a few minutes of Q&A.
For parking, please use the entrance on Almaden Boulevard next to 151 Almaden Boulevard underneath Adobe’s East Tower. If security at the parking entrance asks for an Adobe contact, please use my name - Pallav Vyas.
We have been testing live streaming to improve the experience. You can join the live stream at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_qD1i1RBYiXrJH_wOlucA/live.