SPS Annual Holiday Party
Join your SPS family and friends for our annual Holiday Party, Potluck Dinner and Awards Banquet! There will be door prize drawings and award acknowledgement for theme participants from competitions throughout the year. We will also hold our Annual Member's Choice competition!
SPS will supply meat/cheese trays, a tasty ham, soft drinks, water, and coffee. We'll look forward to you bringing along a favorite dish, salad, side, or dessert to share. Note that we do not have cooking facilities but we can plug in your crock-pot or warming tray.
Be sure to RSVP if you're coming so that we have an accurate idea of the number of members and guests to expect.
Member Choice Competition
The Member’s Choice Competition should represent your best work of the year. Here are the rules and procedures:
• Only paid members are eligible to enter or vote. If you are not a paid member, this is a great time to join! Membership now covers you through 2019 at $30 for individuals and $40 for families.
• The only category for December is digital projection – no prints.
• ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER.
• There is no theme – any subject matter is welcome. (Don’t forget this is a family event.)
• Your entry may have been seen in competition earlier in the year. It doesn’t matter if you’ve entered it, or if it placed or not. This is your best work of the year.
• Email your entry to [masked] . Be certain that the subject of the e-mail contains the word "COMPETITION."
• Make sure your file is in jpeg format and submitted as an attachment, not an embedded image. Be sure to include your name and the title of your image in the body of the e-mail. Also, please make sure that your image does not have your logo or other watermark on it.
• Due to the large volume of entries for this competition, the 9:00 p.m. Thursday night (12/6) deadline will be strictly adhered to.
For more detailed information on preparing and submitting a digital submission, go to Complete Competition Rules (http://www.meetup.com/SPS-Meetup/pages/Complete_Competition_Rules/) and scroll down to Rules Applicable to Digital Projection Entries.
Images will be projected throughout the meeting. We will lower the lights at some point to give everyone a look in their full glory. Members will receive a ballot with their name tag. Winner's name will be added to the New SPS Awards Plaque.
We’ll also recognize the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each competition category for 2018, based on the points system outlined in our competition rules.
New this year, we will be awarding "New Member" winners in each theme category.
Lastly, we will award our Photographer of the Year. The Photographer of the Year is the photographer with the highest overall point total.