Presented by: Kevin Kline, SentryOne
Organizations around the world are working hard to move towards digital transformation, modernizing their IT estates and applications by moving to Azure where they can better leverage the flexibility, scalability, and vast array of powerful computing choices in Microsoft’s cloud. The early adopters are already reaping rewards of data modernization and digital transformation. And their experiences provide us with a roadmap showing what works well and, conversely, what can lead us astray as we begin our own projects.
The session takes you through the most common setbacks and stumbling blocks encountered by teams who are new to data modernization and Azure migration projects. We will cover:
• The hidden dangers of the “lift and shift” strategy
• How a properly planned Azure landing zone can make or break a migration project
• Forecasting the cost of migration and why so many teams get costs wrong
• Why performance monitoring saves many data monetization and migration projects from failure
• What factors lead to ideal team composition and maturity for successful data migration
You also see examples of native features within SQL Server and Azure SQL DB that enable you to move data, monitor activity, and keep costs under control. We will also show the powerful tools from SentryOne that takes the risk out of data modernization and Azure migrations. Join us for this informative session so that you know where the danger awaits in your data modernization and Azure migration!