addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SSCUM - St George and Sutherland Commty of Ukulele Musicians Message Board › SSCUM Monday 7th May.

SSCUM Monday 7th May.

John C.
user 10040300
Group Organizer
Sydney, AU
Post #: 37
Aloha all,

Welcome back after a very busy month of Ukulele.
After the Guinness Book of Records World Attempt (a great day, and who cares we didn't break the record), the White Rabbit Gallery night, the Benny Chong workshops, Anzac Day uke events, a great new Ukulele Club at West Ryde Pub (1st Wednesdays of the month - 7 -9pm), it's time to catch our breath.

Now it's time again for our Ukulele Club strumalong this coming Monday.
After all the excitement of the last couple of meetings with visiting overseas guest artists, we intend to get back into our usual pattern of having a group playalong with great uke songs, many this month from our club songbook, so please bring yours along. For any one not having a club book I will be taking orders for more. In the meantime I will have some printed copies of the songs we may do.

I aim to also introduce some songs with strums which Ralph Shaw showed us last month so if you have those sheets he handed out, bring those along too. We will try to choose songs also from our club book which reflect those strums.

This month is an opportunity to do those numbers you have yourselves perhaps been saving up and working on and would like to present to us. I know there are a few of you and we look forward to any performances - particularly first and second timers. So if you have a song or two please share them with us. Don't think it needs to be perfect before you're ready. We all apreciate sharing each others journey as we develop.

The next few meetings to follow are going to be power packed and again featuring visiting guest artists, performers and workshops, so there may be limited opportunity to fit everyone of us in for a performance, so please regard this meeting on Monday as one for you to have a go yourselves.

It is time we had another raffle. These along with your entry donations help enormously toward costs such as venue hire and particularly uke club sound equipment which has been heavily invested in this year, and is an ongoing process. Later this month, I will be receiving from John Penhallow of the Balmain Ukulele Club some great condenser microphones for which he is the importer, and to have them ready for our surprise guest artists at the June meeting.
This raffle will be for a Ukulele Hamper with an assortment of useful Ukulele articles and accesories. See Shirley or the raffle guy? at the door as you enter (looking for a volunteer raffle guy - needs to be there by 6pm).

There are a few club SSCUM t-shirts available for sale - see Evelyn - and you may order any t-shirts, polos and caps in your size.
How good did SSCUM look at the World Record attempt at Moore Park in our fresh new t-shirts in amongst all the other clubs in theirs.

We aim to get started on the dot at 6:30pm so if you could arrive by 6:15pm if possible to enable the entry process with Shirley at the door who will take your $7 donation (or whatever you can afford this month), and to be seated ready to go.
We will have a short break at half time as this is proving to be a very popular feature of the evening in order to have a drink, meet, share and chat with friends and newcomers.
Don't forget the club bistro for a meal beforehand if you wish.

I will have a few items of interest for sale as usual if anyone requires items such as music stands, beginners ukes, upgrade ukes, strings, uke straps, uke tuners etc.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you there who can make it along for a fun night of strumming.

Cheers
John.