This event was canceled
Location visible to members
Welcome! The St. Louis Poetry Meetup is a group of “occasional” poets who write for our own enjoyment. Our monthly meetings are an informal and friendly way to share poetry we have written or like to read. Meetings are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 5:00 to 8:00 pm (1 hour social followed by 2 hours of poetry). The location rotates and a day or two before the meeting the address will be forwarded to those who have RSVP'd yes to attend. You will absolutely need to RSVP or the address will not be sent to you. We suggest you bring two poems with printed copies to share with everyone. The group size varies each month but is typically around 5-10 people. If you are able, please bring a snack or a drink to share with the group.
St. Louis Poetry Meetup was instrumental in the creation of the Open Mic at Stone Spiral Cafe every Wednesday evening. We are no longer officially affiliated with the event; however, we still encourage our members to stop by to participate. Open Mic is a wonderful way for you to stretch your comfort zone and hopefully gain confidence in your art and yourself.
Here is a list of former and current organizers:
- December 2002 - June 2008: Lauren Seugnet (Founded Dec 21, 2002)
- July 2008 - February 2010: Babbes
- March 2010 - February 2013: Donna Witteried w/co-organizer Billy Foster
- March 2013 - September 2015: Ed Kindley
- 2015 - Present: Carlos Zeisel with co-organizers, David and Melissa and former co-organizer Michellee [masked])
As you can see we have a long history behind us and a bright future ahead of us to share with you.