Are you new to medical device development? Not sure what it takes to develop a medical product? Want to break into this stable and growing market?
Medical device development requires a deep understanding of the process, and a comprehensive set of capabilities to avoid the increased costs, documentation, and risk management associated with FDA regulated product development. While medical product development generally follows a standard development process, there are unique challenges that must be addressed in this highly regulated industry.
Join our panel of industry experts, where they will address issues including:
• Developing an FDA regulated vs non-regulated product
• Advice for medical device newbies
• Best approaches for funding
• Navigating risk management & regulations
• Pitfalls that can delay or derail the development process
• Howard Edelman, CEO of Advanced Resin Therapeutics & Member of Life Science Angels
• Jennifer Ernst, CEO at Tivic Health
• Walt Maclay, President at Voler Systems
• Jeffrey Christian, CEO at Phoenix Deventures
If you are interested in learning more about the development of technology based medical products and learning from industry experts what it takes to succeed in this market, then this session is for you.
Our experts will share real-life experiences developing medical device products at a variety of medical device companies including Intuitive Surgical, Boston Scientific, Advanced Cardiovascular Systems, Cardiometrics, Unisurge, Phoenix DeVentures, Cothera, GameReady, Zeiss-Humphrey and more.
11:30 – 12:00 noon: Networking & lunch
12:00 – 12:10 pm: Introductions
12:10 – 1:10 pm: Expert Panel and Q&A
1:10 – 1:30 pm: Networking & close
CALL TO ACTION:
If you would like to share your product development experiences at a future meeting, please email the organizer at mkeer @ prgnpi.com.
If you're liked this meetup, help spread the word and invite your friends.!
If your company would like to sponsor a future meetup please get in touch!!
Michael, Theresa, & Sue
SV Hardware Startup-to-Scale