addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Antonio Skeptics Message Board › Neuroscience explains near-death experiences.

Neuroscience explains near-death experiences.

A former member
Post #: 94
Jimmy
user 48030722
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 26
I thought the article was highly reductionist in some takes of this phenomenon. And as a commenter on the 2nd page rightly pointed out, one of the main aspects that is now being observed about the near-death-experience was not even mentioned once! And that is the near-death-experience and its involvement with N,N-DMT (Dimethyltryptamine).

It's the sixth comment down, Garden1988 wrote:

Whilst I am glad there are more studies attempting to discover the more mysterious sides of the mind, I am somewhat disturbed by the lack of any form of mention of the work done by Dr Rick Strassman, having famously published his study of the neuro transmitter DMT. Which was largely initiated and revolved around the release of large doses of DMT at times of severe stress - quite specifically - near death experiences! I strongly urge anyone interested in this article to read his published 'DMT - The Spirit Molecule' As it elaborates far more thoroughly, the biochemical and neurological effects of near death states, and DMT activity. As well as describing the experiences of the subjects in great and awe inspiring detail.

My own interest in these things have caused me to research alkaloids such as DMT and structurally related compounds and their involvement in altered states of consciousness. There's an ongoing discussion at the message boards in the San Antonio Atheist Group concerning DMT that starts here which I've sort of stirred up, because I've found that most people aren't aware of this, including the atheist community anywhere.

San Antonio Atheists Group thread entitled "Think God" started by Enrique