I want to get people who are interested in starting their running journey (and eventually sign up and run a race) together, in a non-intimidating/non-judgemental and welcoming environment. This is not a weight loss group, it's an activity group for bigger people focused on running, and supporting each other's journey.
This group is geared towards fats/curvy/plus size/heavier people who don't necessarily meet the traditional standard of what a runner "should" look like, who would like to start running and prepare for a race. Anyone from people who have never ran, to people who have ran a few races can join. My goal is for this group to find like-minded plus-size individuals interested in running to come together, and for the group to serve as a support system for anyone who's ever been told they're too fat/too out of shape to run or finish a race. Only positivity will be welcomed.
Event activities: We will discuss running plans, races, meal prep for races, running gear, running routes, way to stay motivated.
1. Have fun!
2. Always bring water and running shoes.
3. If you have a medical condition that may affect you while running, please share with host if you're comfortable to do so, as well as ways that she might be able to help you in an emergency.
3. Be kind to others. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, also, if that's the case then this might not be the group for you.
4. We are all adults, please behave like it.
5. Intolerance, rudeness, harassment, violence of any type WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and you will be removed from the group immediately if you display any of these behaviors or any other negative behavior towards any of the group members.