As of January 2018, Holly and Linda ( partners ) have both stepped up to become organizers of this wonderful group! We created a meetup in November called 'Lesbians Like Us' to bring forth authentic and meaningful conversations and connections within our community outside of the bar scene. ( Next meet up Saturday Jan 20th for a beach bonfire- Come say hi- https://www.meetup.com/Lesbians-Like-Us ) At this time we will be keeping both groups separate.
A little about us:
As a couple we both enjoy the thrill of adventure and travel! You will most likely find us taking a bike ride down the coast, holding hands and eating at restaurant in Encinitas, or in a personal development class. :)
On our own:
Linda- Girl from Wisconsin who loves the sunshine and Cheese Curds. Self Discovery Coach helping people find their next step in life while taking radical action within 90 days. Passion project: bringing authentic conversation into our neighborhoods to unite the community. Visit http://www.seeninthepark.com
Holly- Southern gal from North Carolina ( yes she still has the accent ), who is deeply in love with the ocean. She works in the Personal Development industry, holds NLP practitioner certification, life/spiritual coach certification, and Photographer who contributes 11.11% of her art sales to the Clean Water Initiative. Visit: http://www.artthatflows.com .
WE WANTED TO ASK YOU: Message us or start a discussion! - What has been going well with this group that you want to make sure we keep in tact? - What has been your favorite aspect in being a part of this group?
- What events would you like to see? - Any other suggestions?
We are excited to meet you all and look forward to your feedback!
This is a group for lesbians, whether singles or couples. We plan on providing activities including general dinner, social networking, sport activities, BBQs, films, and so much more. The intention and hope of this group is to build strong friendships among lesbian women and to build and maintain a supportive community. We do have some ground rules and they are pretty simple.
1. If you RSVP to an event and cannot make it, please un-RSVP. Many times we plan our events based on the numbers of attendees for food or chairs at a restaurant or other event. We want to keep those that support us happy.
2. We do have expenses. We will have a container of some kind at some events where we will happily take your pocket change. This will go for nametags, deposits for events, plastic cups, plates, saucers, napkins, forks and knives, tablecloths and other miscellaneous items not to mention computer ink.
3. We will notice those that RSVP for events and never show up. We will after a certain amount of time ask you if you are still interested in the group. We want to keep our membership fresh. If you are really shy and have a hard time meeting people, we will happily greet you and introduce you around if you wish.
4. Always be courteous and make an effort to make someone new comfortable. That was YOU at one time!