This is an outdoor group comprised of QUALITY, ACTIVE members that have a genuine interest in the group.
We love being outdoors, particularly in nature. Hiking, camping, biking, kayaking are our more common activities, but we have been known to backpack, rollerblade, attend outdoor concerts, and additional outdoor activities. We are friendly group where individuals have formed many lifetime friendships through our activities. You will be welcomed here !!
New Members, please note - we understand you are checking out our group to see if it is a good fit for you. If you choose not to participate in an event within the first 60 days, you may be removed. We wish to have an active membership. After the first 60 days, you are expected to participate at least once each 90 days, otherwise you are again subject to removal. We are seeking members who are compatible with what we have to offer.
The Organizers have established some simple guidelines:
- FACE PHOTO REQUIRED. In order to join SDOE and remain a member, you must have a RECOGNIZABLE photo of your FACE on your SDOE profile. You are subject to removal from this group without a recognizable photo.
- RSVP REQUIRED. You must RSVP for events in which you will participate. No walk-ups or "crashers". Event Hosts will often place a limit on the number participants. Please don't just show up. This also includes bringing a guest without an RSVP.
- GUESTS. For most events, guests are allowed. But, check the event listing or with the event host if there is a question. If you bring a guest (+1), you are responsible for your guest. Please stay with your guest over the hike.
- NO SHOWS. If you are unable to attend an event for which you have an "RSVP", change it to "No - Not Attending", as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will be marked "NO SHOW". Members with more than 2 NO SHOWS are subject to removal or suspension. At the discretion of the Event Host, a last minute change from "RSVP" to "NO" may be marked as a NO SHOW, particularly if there are others on the Waitlist hoping to participate.
- PARTICIPATE. We are moving toward having a group of engaged and active members. If you find this is not what you are looking for, you are welcome to remove yourself. Members are expected to participate in at least 1 event every 90 days. Lack of regular participation will subject a member to removal from the group, but individual circumstances will be considered.
- SAFETY and COURTESY. Safety is our number one concern for each of our events. Stay with the group as instructed by the leader. In addition, everyone is expected to exhibit courtesy and respect during our events. Do not expect others to supply equipment, food, necessities, or other items without prior arrangements. Expect to fairly compensate drivers in car pools.
- BE PLEASANT. Be nice. Thank the Event Host. Make the events an enjoyable experience for all. Organizers put significant effort into events, please leave positive feed back in the Comments section after the event.
Please know that members who ignore these guidelines are subject to suspension or removal from SDOE. Severe violations will result in permanent removal.