This event is sponsored by Elance.
This event is free for attendees.
Find the freelance tech talent you need for your startup, or find gigs as a tech freelancer.
This event is a startup fair, career fair, product demo fair and networking event all in one.
If you would like to have a table to demo a product, recruit employees or interns, offer a product or service to entrepreneurs, or promote an event related to entrepreneurship, please send an email to:
You should attend this event if:
1) You have a startup and you want to demo your product or service.
2) You want to check out startup demos.
3) You want to work for a startup.
4) You operate a startup and you are hiring.
5) You want an internship at a startup.
6) You operate a startup and you are looking for interns.
7) You have a service or product that helps startups succeed.
8) You want to network and meet new people.
9) You are looking for a co-founder, investor, or collaborator.
10) You are an investor and you are looking for a start up to invest in.
11) You want to find out more about the cloud and entrepreneurship.
12) You want to enjoy good food and potentially win some great door prizes.
There will be a speaker presentation.
Learn best practices for building and running your business in the talent cloud.
Bootstrapping a startup business is challenging. The advent of the "talent cloud" has enabled entrepreneurs to take advantage of global talent and accelerate the growth of their enterprises like never before.
Our speaker will discuss the following:
1) online freelancing options for techies
2) how entrepreneurs can leverage online talent pools to accelerate the development of their startup and maximize ROI
3) the range of projects online freelancers work on for entrepreneurs
4) what skill sets are in highest demand
5) how online freelancers are hired and managed
6) case studies of a hybrid organizations combining online and on-site staff
About Our Speaker:
Vice President, Category Management
Ved is responsible for launching and growing the categories of service available on the Elance platform. Prior to this role, Ved built and led the product management team and the online marketing team. Ved joined Elance at the company's inception and has helped the company grow from zero customers to over $700 million in online payments.
Ved holds an MBA from the University of Chicago and a BA in Computer Science and Philosophy from Wesleyan University in Connecticut.
5:30 pm to 7:00 pm Job Fair, Networking, Demo Tables
7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Speaker Presentation, Announcements
8:00 pm to 9:00 pm Networking and Job Fair
9:00 pm Door Prize Winners Announced
There will be time set aside for "lightning announcements".
There will be a "co-founder corner" set up for founders and co-founders to connect.
Enjoy food and refreshments courtesy of Elance.
Several lucky attendees will go home with some great door prizes.