If stress has thrown your life out of balance, you’re in the place.
Stress is often categorized as bad, however not all stress is bad. It’s important that we learn to distinguish the difference between healthy stress and unhealthy stress, how it impacts the mind and body, and learn techniques and tools to keep our stress levels in check so that we can feel happier, be healthier, and show up more fully for our families, friends, and colleagues.
According to the American Institute of Stress, 77% of people regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress and 73% regularly experience psychological symptoms caused by stress.
The root of the stress problem is twofold:
• The lack of awareness to recognize when we are becoming too stressed.
• Knowing how to sufficiently recover from it when we are.
So how do you know when you’re stress is getting in the way of your life?
• Do you have a hard time relaxing or sleeping because of everything on your mind?
• Do you eat junk food or drink more when you're feeling stressed and then end up gaining weight?
• Are you feeling tired all the time or getting sick easily and don't know why?
• Do you have a shorter fuse and snap more easily at loved ones or co-workers when you're under pressure?
• Do you feel overwhelmed, like you just need a break from all the responsibilities in your life?
Many people ignore these early warning signs of stress and don't take action until it reaches full-blown burnout, their health starts to suffer or something really serious happens that forces them to slow down and make healthier habits.
Others learn to function at high states of stress until it becomes their new normal, only to realize later on that they've sacrificed the important things they were enduring the stress for in the first place: their partner, their relationship with their kids, or the ability to relax & enjoy life.
The purpose of this Meet Up group is to bring you tools and information to help you manage your stress and...
• Stay calm under pressure so you can make smart choices and communicate effectively, even in difficult situations
• Manage your to-do list while still having time & energy for YOU to exercise, relax, and enjoy the good things in life
• Handle stressful emotions so you can avoid getting snappy and improve relationships with loved ones, friends, and co-workers
• Stop stress-eating and make more intentional choices that lead to a healthier you
• Ease the strain of stress on your body so you can stop getting sick and start feeling healthy and strong again
• Calm your busy mind so you can relax and sleep better
About the Administrator:
I'm a busy leader in the technology, industry, a yoga & meditation instructor, and self-proclaimed perfectionist. I help busy professionals, leaders, and overachievers who are struggling with stress and burnout create balance in their lives so they can go from feeling stressed & tired to feeling happy, healthy & fulfilled. Y
You can also follow me on social media for stress management tips, free yoga & meditation classes, and other wellness content.