As all of you know, individuals living in California are still ordered to stay at home, except for permitted activities. As a result, Atheists United SLO will continue to suspend all get-togethers and group activities until the state-isssued Shelter-At-Home Order is lifted. We look forward to seeing all of you soon! Stay safe and healthy.
Are you an Atheist looking for other like-minded friends?
Atheists United SLO is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and meeting place for all atheists, agnostics, and science-based skeptics to get to know each other, share ideas and build a community of like minded individuals in San Luis Obispo County. We have a vibrant and active organization that offers a variety of events to suit individual interests.
With 500+members, support for a secular and religion-free lifestyle in our small community is strong.
Whether you’re just looking for a social outlet to meet other-non believers or you want to engage in more atheist activism, discussions and reading, we have activities planned that welcome your involvement.
We are an active, exciting community of people that:
• Encourages critical thinking about religion
• Advocates for the separation of church and state in our community
• Educates the community about the positive aspects of atheism
• Cultivates solidarity and support within our atheist community
We have a wide variety of activities:
• Social get-togethers where atheists and those questioning their beliefs can talk about anything in a casual, friendly atmosphere
• Guest speakers (atheists, social activists, authors, free-thinkers and skeptics)
• Pub and pizza nights
• Movie nights
• Book discussions related to atheism, science and philosophy
• Political and social advocacy
• Fundraising and community service
• Critical thinking & education forums
• Potluck socials and annual barbecue
Join us today!
We are seeking active members off all ages to enrich our group. Your participation is valuable in creating a viable and visible atheist community.
Please join us, and be part of the collective momentum toward a religion-free and reality-based lifestyle!
For more information see our website at http://auslo.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in attending a public board meeting please contact us at the above e-mail address.
DONATE TO AU/SLO!
Your donation will fund events and outreach that foster a better understanding of secular thought, critical thinking, and matters of Church & State separation. See our website here (http://auslo.org/donate.php) to make a secure tax deductible donation.