What we're about
Have you been looking for a place to discuss some of the great books you find?
Do you want to meet some quality intelligent girlfriends in a non-threatening fun environment?
Then San Diego Book Divas is the book club for you! Please join us in meeting at least once a month for cocktails or coffee and discussion. We are having a great time reading all different types of books and meet within the San Diego city limits. Our meetups are typically held on weeknights at 7pm, the daytime group meets at 10:30am (usually on Wednesdays) and we also have an occasional weekend movie meetup.
You can choose from a few books every month... We are reading fiction, chick-lit, young adult, classics, sci-fi, and nonfiction books to have a nice mix of serious topics and lighter material. We have regular series of meetups for self-help & nonfiction/current events called the Enlightened Divas, book to movie meetups called *Page To Screen*, classic books called Quarterly Classics and young adult books called *Young@Heart*. With almost 300 past meetups it's difficult to list a just a few of our previous reads! Books are chosen based on suggestions by the members and polls on the website. We normally choose books that are available in paperback and at the public library.
San Diego Book Divas! is a great way to stay "with it" and read books that are out of our own comfort zones. It also feels great to have a deadline to finish a book and then share opinions on really great reads! There have been many times at book club where we all see different things since we all have our own perspectives. When the book is shared, you get such a stronger meaning from it!
Come to laugh, share stories and a glass of wine or a latte and make new friends! We're meeting 4+ times a month now, so you have plenty of opportunities to join in on the fun!
Meetups cost $2 cash per person at each meetup attended. This is for the costs of the Meetup.com website and the organizers' time.
(1) Ladies only, no exceptions!
(2) To join the group, you MUST have a picture and fill out all profile questions. Your profile picture must be a photo your own face. It is nice for everyone to be able to know who to look for when we have our meetups and put faces with names! This group is about getting to know people, so only members who have a photo of themselves and answer the profile questions will be approved.
(3) Treat others with respect. Be considerate of other viewpoints, include everyone in the discussion and be careful to not offend anyone. If you are offended by anything, please report it to one of the organizers immediately.
(4) Join the group wanting to attend meetups and remove yourself if you decide not to. We are all adults, so please take care of yourself.
(5) Post any suggestions on books, locations and event ideas to the message board... We want to make this YOUR group!!!
HOUSE RULES & how to be a great Book Diva!
Custom logo created by Dezign Precision (http://www.dezignprecision.com/)
ADVERTISING without organizers' permissions is prohibited! This includes, but is not limited to, message board posts, profile photos, introduction, comments, emails, and suggested events. We reserve the right to remove any member for solicitation.
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold any of the group's leaders, officers, or representatives liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You also agree that your membership of this group is based on an "at will" basis.