A warm welcome to the Sandwell group of the Ramblers. We aim to help you enjoy walking, get outdoors, make new friends and improve your health and well being. We try to cultivate a friendly, fun and inclusive atmosphere and pride ourselves on being culturally diverse. We offer different grades of walk to appeal to both experienced walkers and to those who prefer more leisurely outings.
Some of our walks are graded as Moderate. These walks will have hills and plenty of ups and downs - so you will need a good level of fitness. However, most of our walks are graded as Leisurely and are for walkers with just a reasonable level of fitness.
We organise a full day's walk on most Sundays. Throughout the year, we also arrange weekends away in some of the loveliest parts of the UK and organise walking holidays both at home and abroad.
The beauty of walking is that you need very little to get going. We recommend that you bring comfortable boots or stout footwear, waterproof clothing, a hat and sun protection in the summer and gloves and warm clothing in the winter. Bring plenty of water, and a packed lunch for day walks.
The Sandwell Group is a member of the Staffordshire Area Ramblers as well as the Ramblers whose values are to be:
• welcoming - to all, and particularly to newcomers
• positive - looking to have fun and create enjoyment
• inclusive - welcoming people from diverse backgrounds, and being sensitive to the needs of different communities
• ethical - being respectful of others, honest in what we say, and thinking through the consequences of what we do
• environmentally responsible - promoting activities and behaviour which are sustainable and which benefit the environment.
If you join us on our walks, you will experience the warmth and good humour of our group. You know you want to!