This Meetup was canceled.
Come help us clear the Bill Wallace trail located around the El Capitan Canon Campground on the Gaviota Coast.
The parking for this project is located past the main entrance to El Capitan Canyon at the entrance to the Ocean Mesa tent and RV camping area. This is the official Bill Wallace trailhead parking lot. You can see it at this link: http://longrange.sbcountyplanning.org/planareas/gaviota/documents/GavPAC%20Materials/Trails%20Subcommittee/Meeting%202/El%20Capitan%2013x19.pdf
Come help us clear it. We'll provide the tools and training...no experience necessary. You'll get a FREE lunch, trails snacks some great give-aways and meet some of our awesome Park Champions volunteers.
Please RSVP here as well: http://www.calparks.org/help/park-champions/
Volunteers Should Bring/Wear:
• Closed-toe boots or durable hiking shoes are mandatory
• Long sleeves and pants recommended
• Water container(filled), something to hold water such as a backpack or fanny pack
• Work gloves (will be provided if you don’t have your own)
• Sun protection (hat / sunglasses / sunscreen)
Please allow adequate time so that you arrive at the trailhead no later than 8:30 am. We need to have everyone sign a volunteer waiver and attend the safety talk and training before we begin.
If you are lost or running late please call or text Curt Cragg, Park Champions Project Leader at[masked]