What we're about
The following COVID-19 protocols for Sierra Club Outings have been incorporated to help ensure the health and safety of our volunteers, participants and staff. These are subject to change based upon CDC and Sierra Club guidance. We thank-you in advance for your patience and assistance.
- To reduce contact, sign-up for outings and complete the participant agreement in advance at https://www.riograndesierraclub.org/calendar/
- If you’ve signed-up for an outing or event and begin to feel ill, please stay home and seek appropriate medical care.
- There are potentially participants who are vaccinated and unvaccinated and it’s each participants choice to attend or not attend the outing with this knowledge.
- No vaccine or test results are required and participants will not be required to disclose their vaccination or test status.
- Participants are welcome to wear masks if it makes them comfortable. Masks will be required if there’s an indoor component to the outing, while they are indoors. Masks are also required at all times for ICO outings participants, and in some other cases where minor children are participating.
- If you should begin to feel ill or experience symptoms associated with COVID-19, during or after a Sierra Club outing, contact the Outings Leader so that they can notify other participants and club leadership for contract tracing purposes.
Welcome to Santa Fe Sierra Club Outings! We sponsor hikes and outings year round. Hikes and outings are free and open to the public. You need not be a member of the Sierra Club to participate (though of course we'd like you to join).
Our Northern Group puts out a weekly e-mail Sierra Trail Mix that is a 1-page report of last week's outings, upcoming outings, and miscellaneous other items of non-Sierra Club events. To get on our outings listserve send an email to Listserv@lists.sierraclub.org with any subject and a message that says SUBSCRIBE RIO-NORTH-OUTINGS.
For information about the Sierra Club: http://www.riograndesierraclub.org/northern-new-mexico/
If you wish to become a Trip Leader for the Santa Fe Sierra Club, contact Alan Shapiro, the organizer for this Meetup site.
If you are already a Trip Leader and wish to schedule an outing, contact Alan for detailed instructions, or just jump in and follow the prompts you will get when you click the red "Schedule a new Meetup" button on the homepage!