Please read the Terms and Conditions below the introduction. If you do not agree, please leave the group immediately.
What is this group about:
This group is mainly about socializing without stretching your budget too much. This means taking advantage of free events (e.g. festivals, exhibitions) and free places (parks, beaches) as well as events at reduced prices (happy hour, buffets, reduced admissions etc.) There are plenty of groups that meet for dining-out several times a week. That's not us. We will meet about twice a month and find something fun to do even if you don't have much money to spare.
Ringling is free on Mondays, movies are $6 on Tuesdays, there are plenty of Happy Hour places all over town. The beach is always free and beautiful. Walking the Ringling bridge is free. I, personally, prefer to meet some friends for a Pot-luck-BBQ in a public park or at the beach and get to know people instead of sitting in a fancy restaurant and trying to find something to order for under $15.
If this appeals to you, please join this group. Don't be shy. Don't feel cheap. Save your money for the bills you have to pay at the end of the month. It's the smart way to go!
One last thing: I want to keep the group in the 30s and 40s range (yes, there will occasionally be an exception for late twenties and early fifties if I think you will fit into this group). But, in general I want to keep this group in the 30-49 age range. It's just a personal preference. There are plenty of groups for 20s and 50s or older. So, don't be upset. Just join those groups.
Group Terms and Conditions:
By signing up (or not leaving the group after reading these terms or not leaving the group after the terms have been modified) you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) The group organizer reserves the right to remove any member for any reason at any time.
2) This group does not tolerate any discriminatory or racist behavior or language. If the group organizer finds out that you have behaved in a discriminatory fashion in any way you will be removed from the group.
3) Every member pays for himself at any of these events. If you come to an event and do not pay the balance for your check or entrance fee or any other fee or cost that you were supposed to cover you will be removed from the group and the group organizer reserves the right to bring a claim in court against you.
4) Should the group organizer need to bring any legal action against a group member, the choice of law will be Sarasota in the State of Florida. The group member agrees to pay all legal fees involved in an legal action against him.
5) Keep your drama out of the group. I don't want to be dragged into your personal drama. If you have dated someone in this group and it did not work out, don't ask me to remove the other person from the group. It was your decision to date that person in the first place and I am not doing anybody's dirty work. Deal with it yourself.
6) Three strikes you're out! If you sign up for an event and do not show up (without informing the organizer) for 3 times, you will be removed from the group. The organizer reserves the right to remove a member earlier if he believes it to be necessary.