This group is for anyone interested in open source search, logging, analytics & data visualization. We primarily focus on these open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats (www.elastic.co/products) — but we welcome talks on any aspect of data exploration.
We want to hear from you — and so do other meetup members!
We’d love to have this user group meet more regularly, so we’re looking for a local organizer who will help the group thrive, and the Community Team at Elastic is here to support you. If you’re interested email us at this guide to help you (https://www.elastic.co/community/usergroupguide#overview)get started on your path to starting a Meetup.com user group.
What you’ll gain by being a Community Organizer?:
- Public speaking experience
- Community leadership and contribution
- Networking opportunities
- Learn new technical use cases and share your expertise
- Special Elastic swag (and bragging rights, of course).
- Be a fan of Elastic and possess motivation to help build the community
- Commit to organizing the user group for at least one calendar year (at least 3-4 meetups a year)
- Attend the meetups
- Help find speakers and hosts (Elastic can help connect you with other users)
- Create meetup.com announcement (Elastic can help promote)
- Order food & beverages (Elastic is happy to sponsor)
Host a meetup:
Hosting a meetup at your office, is another way to get more involved with the community. This is a great way to showcase your space (especially if you’re trying to recruit). Your facilities don't need to be fancy — we're looking for a comfortable vibe, a projector, screen, chairs, and a place to serve refreshments. Email
This Meetup community adheres to the Elastic Community Code of Conduct (https://www.elastic.co/community/codeofconduct). Attendance to events run as part of this Meetup group means you agree to be an awesome human and engage by these rules.