addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Scrabble Enthusiasts of (Greater) Boston Message Board › Scrabble Enthusiast's 1 year anniversary! Prizes and competition

Scrabble Enthusiast's 1 year anniversary! Prizes and competition

Quinten
user 9980941
Group Organizer
Cambridge, MA
This month will mark 1 year since I took over from the original organizer of this Meetup. Sounds like a good excuse for a little extra fun!

Here's what I'm thinking. Over the next three Meetups--August 29, September 12, September 26--we'll keep a special score sheet. Each winning game will equal an entry into the drawing for special prizes. The two people with the highest average scores (both winning and losing, over a minimum of 4 games) will automatically win a prize, and they'll have first choice from among all of the prizes. Of course I will not be eligible for a prize.

Prizes I plan to have:
1) Bananagrams
2) Set of smooth tiles (non-braillable--required in professional games)
3) Scrabble-tile cufflinks. These are fun and hand-made by my wife.
4) Set of flash cards for top-5 6 letter bingo stems, made by me.

Grand prize: Tournament and Club Word List, 2nd edition. Not available in bookstores! This is the word list we use each week at club.

The drawing will either be on September 26th, or maybe at a special potluck meeting sometime the week after, depending on your suggestions.