Our July 2017 meetup will be at the office of Nordstrom. Thanks to Jeremy Dybash and Nordtrom IT for hosting this month.
The chaos of conference season means that this announcement is late going out, even though we put a placeholder in the calendar some time ago. I'm sorry for the delay.
As it turns out, though, the conference season and slow community discoveries of what Apple will be hitting us with in the fall help set our agenda.
• Members of the Seattle community who attended and presented at Mac Admins at Penn State (and who are not currently onboarding at Facebook HQ *cough*) at will review what we learned at this year's conference.
• We'll spend some time talking about the latest that we know about .kextpocalypse, as described in Apple's Developer Technote TN2459 (https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2459/_index.html), and as discussed by the peerless Erik Gomez in his post in the IT Think Tank (https://www.facebook.com/ITThinkTank.io/) group on FaceBook.
Our hosts at Nordstrom will provide pizza and soft drinks. Following the meetup, depending on the size of our post-meetup group, we'll pick from among the available watering holes to decompress a bit, socialize, and plot for subsequent meetups and events.
Apple Admins of Seattle and the Great Northwest is brought to you by a few of your local Apple system admins, including:
• Joe Chilcote (@chilcote on Twitter/Mac Admins Slack) of Undetermined Affiliation
• Chris Dawe (@ctdawe on Twitter/Mac Admins Slack) of Wheelwrights
• Mac Justice (@macjustice on Twitter/Mac Admins Slack) of Synapse Product Development
• Gil Wilson (@boyonwheels on Mac Admins Slack) of Omni Group