What we're about
This group is for professional music teachers of any instrument. This includes anyone from self-employed private instructors to high school band directors. If you teach music in the greater Seattle area and you'd like to share tricks of the trade with other music teachers, then we'd love to have you in the group.
The purpose of this group is to have a friendly forum for sharing tips and tactics, helping each other become better teachers and better business operators, for those of us in that boat.
Each meeting will have a unique theme to facilitate discussions: either a special question that each attendee answers to the group in detail or a short (5-20m) presentation on a topic of a certain member's expertise.
Here are a few possible topics to cover:
• How to tailor your teaching to different personality types.
• How to teach groups of kids, groups of adults.
• How to produce incredible recitals and concerts.
• How to track leads, students, and former students for timely follow-ups.
• How to set up an online scheduling page on your website that lets students book their own lessons. Send an automatic reminder email before your cancellation window closes, virtually eliminating no-shows.
• How to retain students, keep young kids engaged, and make every individual feel special and rewarded.