As part of Seattle Startup Week (http://seattle.startupweek.co/), the Seattle Node.js Meetup is going to hold a very special evening focused on Node.js in production with talks and panel discussion. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, Oct. 22. We’ll have pizza and beverages, thanks to our gracious host, Moz (http://moz.com/).
As always, you can find all things Seattle Node.js-related at the group website: http://seanode.github.io/ . And you can reach out to us via email at [masked] or Twitter at @seattlenode (https://twitter.com/seattlenode).
See you soon!
• 6:00 - 6:45pm: Start with pizza and beer, courtesy of Moz.
• 6:45 - 9:00pm: Listen to some awesome talks, questions and answers from the panel.
• 9:00pm - on: Mingle, mix, chat things Node.js-related and more as we wind down.
Building, Deploying, and Scaling Node.js Apps
We will have a series of talks, then panel discussion of various aspects of Node.js in production, covering such topics as:
• Designing for application / systems failures.
• Isolating services.
• Logging, monitoring, and analyzing your Node.js apps.
• Microservice architectures.
• Making production environments robust and reliable.
• Deploying with zero downtime.
• Building scalable Node.js web apps.
Our panel includes:
Ken Perkins (https://twitter.com/kenperkins) - Rackspace (http://www.rackspace.com/)
Ken is a Developer Advocate for Rackspace (focused on Node.js), and the core maintainer of pkgcloud; a multi-cloud provisioning library for Node.js, with support for numerous providers including Amazon, Rackspace, Openstack, Joyent, and more.
Ryan Roemer (https://twitter.com/ryan_roemer) - Formidable Labs (http://formidablelabs.com/)
Brock Whitten (https://twitter.com/sintaxi) - Chloi (http://chloi.io/)
Venue / Sponsor
Moz (http://moz.com/) is hosting our panel and is located at:[masked]nd Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle, WA[masked]