NodeSchool ( https://nodeschool.io/ ) is an in-person, free hosted workshop. Experienced Node.js mentors help facilitate self-led learning, all in a welcoming, inclusive environment.
What do I need to bring?
Bring a laptop, a desire to learn, and all your friendship!
What actually happens at a NodeSchool Seattle event?
NodeSchool Seattle events are an opportunity to hang out with other learners and mentors in a low stress, encouraging environment. Get set up to work on lessons with real industry tools on your own computer, at your own pace. A typical event follows this schedule:
• 1:00PM - Doors open
• 1:15PM - Introduction and opening announcements
• 1:40PM-5:00PM - Learning/Mentoring
• 3:00PMish - Food!
• 5:00PM - Event ends
In this edition we'll have another focused session a GraphQL presented by Carlos Chacin. More details soon.
Where is the event?
Groupon[masked]rd Ave. Seattle, WA. 98101
How much does it cost?
NodeSchool Seattle is free. And open source!
How do I become a mentor?
We're always looking for people to volunteer to be mentors! We ask that prospective mentors:
• Have already completed the core NodeSchool workshoppers ( http://nodeschool.io/#workshopper-list ) before the event.Having also completed some elective workshoppers is a great bonus.
• Review the Mentor Best Practices ( https://github.com/nodeschool/organizers/wiki/Event-Mentor-Best-Practices ) wiki page.
• Arrive 30 minutes early (12:30PM) so we can set up and have our mentor meeting.
• Sign up on the event's GitHub issue (https://github.com/nodeschool/seattle/issues/88)!