The main presentation on July 7 will be SEO Success with WordPress: How to Use a Few Great Plugins and Tools to Make Money with Your WordPress Site - by one of our organizers, Mark McLaren of Seattle search marketing firm McBuzz Communications.
Here's Mark's summary:
The presentation will be about 40 minutes with 5 minutes for questions at the end. We will also do a follow-up Q&A in the devsigners' group following the break. Newbies and devs are welcome to attend. I'll also show how to install the required plugins and tools during the Q&A instead of during the main presentation.
Justin Briggs gave a great presentation on SEO at the recent WordCamp Seattle. He noted that WordPress does lots of good SEO stuff right out of the box. Combine this with the list of SEO techniques Justin offered in his talk and you are on your way towards practical SEO for WordPress.
Once you apply SEO techniques, you need to use some basic tools to find out if the work you did actually paid off. My presentation will show you how to set up and use those basic tools so you can clearly see the connection between optimizing your site and getting the results you need to achieve success for your business.
Specifically, you'll be able to use the All In One SEO Pack plugin and the information you get from Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and the Gravity Forms SEO Add-on to follow a process of continuous optimization that will actually make you money, not just put you at the top of search rankings.
In the main presentation we'll cover the following:
1. How to choose good keywords and improve the content you already have
2. Where to put keywords (and how to come up with great ideas for new content)
3. How to check Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and Gravity Forms for feedback about keywords and traffic on your website
4. How to refine content on your website using keywords that produce the best results
In the Q&A with the devsigners and newbies following the break, I will show how to install the following plugins and tools you'll need.
1. Install All In One SEO Pack plugin
2. Install Google Analytics plugin by Yoast
3. Setup a Webmaster Tools account
4. Install Gravity Forms
5. Install SEO Add-on for Gravity Forms
6. Install Rank Checker add-on for Firefox
We'll see you there!
- 6-6:30 Check-In & Show off your name sticker with pride!
- 6:30 WordPress News & WordCamp Updates
- 6:40 Presentation: SEO Success with WordPress (Followed by Q&A)
- 7:25 Networking (Drinks & Snacks Provided)
- 7:50 Split Groups & Workshops
- 8:30 Closing Remarks: Updates, FeedBack, Thank You's & Give-aways
Chris DeVore of Founders' Coop & TechStars Seattle!
If you would like to give a presentation on a WordPress topic, that would be great. Just let the organizers know.
Join the group and RSVP for our next meeting! We would love to have your input and participation.
Free of charge and full of passionate WordPress users, you're guaranteed to walk away inspired and hungry for more. For many, this will serve as a great forum to network with other Seattle WP users and get your questions answered. For others, this is your chance to discover the growing WordPress community of Seattle.
We look forward to seeing you at TechStars! Oh...and YES, THERE'S WIFI!