Doors open at 6pm, with a 6:15pm start.
Hear from seasoned cyber security professionals on both sides of the fence, sharing their experiences, advice to those wanting to get into the industry, and war stories from different engagements. Introducing our panellists:
- Matt Dunham: Matt Dunham is a Managed Defense Consultant for FireEye and is a former Senior Security Analyst and Shift Lead in the Managed Defense SOC. Matt has 15 years’ experience in IT and has focused on security for the last 8. Prior to joining FireEye, Matt was the Incident Response Lead for the Australian Digital Health Agency, which is the government body that is responsible for the safety of every Australian citizen’s online medical record. Matt wrote and implemented the Agency’s Incident Response Plan in conjunction with their service provider. In years past he has worked at a couple of MSP's, and as a Systems Administrator, spending late nights behind a terminal questioning his life choices.
- Darren Bilby: Darren is a Security Engineering Manager in Google's Enterprise Infrastructure Protection team, he manages a global team from here in Sydney. In his 12 years at Google he has worked many roles including Tech Lead for Incident Response, Software Engineer and Manager of Detection for Europe.
- Andre Fucs de Miranda: With over 20 years of experience on (Information) Cyber Security, Andre has spent good part of his life securing information systems around the globe. Although Andre was one of the first researchers to predict the rise of digitally signed modular malware – a critical characteristic of modern “APTs” – his real passion are the social-economic aspects of information security and the eternal quest for efficiency in cyber security operations.
- Lukasz Gogolkiewicz: Lukasz is the Head of Assurance for Context Information Security, a leading global security consultancy. He is a proficient penetration tester with over 10 years’ experience in the information technology/security realm. He has background in network engineering, specialising in large data and carrier networks. Lukasz has worked in a variety of sectors, and utilising his network engineering background, Lukasz specialises in corporate and data network security, particularly around Microsoft Windows domain and hybrid cloud implementations. Lukasz has strong security community ties, with helping run CrikeyCon Brisbane as well as being a co-founder of TuskCon.
- Berne Campbell: Berne is a Security Researcher at elttam. He has over a decade of professional experience in both offensive and defensive roles. He enjoys (over-) engineering elegant solutions, solving challenges, honing his craft and sharing with others.
- Ryan Broadfoot: Ryan is the Principal Consultant for Privasec RED, their elite hacking team. Ryan spends his time guiding organisations to better understand, evaluate and improve their cybersecurity defences against the latest emerging threats. A long history of Espresso over-use has powered Ryan’s 20+ years in IT, learning from industry elites and consistently studying and researching the latest technological dangers and deceptions.
There won't a CTF game in this session. We are organising a second session just for CTFs. Stay tuned.
- PwC Sydney (https://pwc.to/2FcpqF4)
- elttam (https://bit.ly/2XYwxK9): an Australian specialised IT security firm that provides independent security consulting and training services.
- Atlassian Sydney (https://bit.ly/2OUPAkk): Atlassian currently has a job opening in Sydney for a Senior Security Intelligence Analyst. Think this could be right for you? Check out the job posting here: https://bit.ly/2OUPAkk
- Amazon Information Security Sydney (http://bit.ly/2Cr4SIt)
- Google Sydney (https://bit.ly/2IiKrCm)
- ServiceNow (https://bit.ly/2uP0XRD)