This group is for anyone 55+ who wants to have fun and make new friends.
PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST PROVIDE A RELATIVELY RECENT PICTURE OF YOURSELF TO JOIN.
Some of the things I would like to do are eating out, movies, theater, road trips, game nights, coffee, museums, walks, and whatever other fun things we can think of.
A few simple rules:
1. Please be respectful of everyone in the group. Keep your RSVP's up to date. If you sign up for an event and later find that you can't go, change your RSVP to "No" as soon as possible. This will allow others to sign up if space is limited, and will keep us from waiting for you if you are not coming.
*** NOTE: Multiple no-shows (where you don’t show up and have not changed your rsvp from “yes” to “no”) will result in your being removed from the group.***
2. Please post a recognizable picture of yourself on your profile (not just your pet, flowers, scenery, etc). This is so we can recognize you at events.
3. No talk about politics or religion. We want everyone to feel welcome and don't want any arguments and drama.
4. Be friendly and welcoming to newcomers.
5. This group is for making friends IN PERSON. Do NOT private message people that you don't know (except for messaging the organizers, of course, you can message us about meetup things). If you receive unwanted messages, please let me know and I will deal with it. I want everyone to feel comfortable in this group.
6. If the meetup is full and you can't get a spot, you can join the waitlist, in case someone cancels. If you still can't get a spot, you are NOT allowed to "crash" the event. Only those that are on the "going" list can attend.
Looking forward to meeting you and having fun together!
A lot of us will be alone on Thanksgiving this year, so let’s get together to socialize, be thankful for what we have, and remember better times that will hopefully come again soon 🦃🦃🦃
Feel free to eat and drink during the event 🥂🍗🥧
1. Share with the group what you are thankful for.
2. Share a memory of a past Thanksgiving or some other holiday or occasion with loved ones.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world (when it is safe to travel again), where would you go and why?
4. What is your favorite activity or hobby, and what do you like about it?
5. Turkey is fine for Thanksgiving, but if I really want to treat myself to dinner, it would ...?
6. This world needs more people like me because this world needs...
7. One of the things my mother/father used to say that I really liked is ...
8. Flip Wilson used to be famous for saying "the devil made me do it." What does he make you do?
9. If I have money in my pocket, don't let me get near...