Concerned about lifestyle and housing options as you or a loved on ages?
Enjoy entertaining, objective and informative about aging in place.
The educational sessions will be led by Wendy Adlerstein, LSW, who has more than 20 years experience in working with seniors. She holds a B.A. from Clark University, in Psychology with a concentration in Sociology and Human Services. In addition to her Massachusetts License in Social Work, Wendy holds a Certificate in Gerontology from the Worcester Consortium Gerontology Program.
She is a member of the Aging Life Care Association (ALCA), formerly the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers. Finally, Wendy is a Certified Dementia Practitioner® in good standing from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
Monthly topics will range from -
• The white elephant in the room during many holiday gatherings is “Are mom and dad doing well? Do they need some help to stay safely and comfortably at home?” The stress and anxiety in the air is often palpable.
• In-Home Care or Assisted Living? One size does NOT fit all. What factors should be considered?
• Respite Care for the Dementia Caregiver Most family members express exhaustion, frustration and conflict about their role as caregiver. How can we help support and rejuvenate them?
• Having the Conversation about Long Term Care How do you broach the subject and have a meaningful conversation?
• The Emerging Options for Dementia Care Memory loss is a growing concern. How do we help loved ones stay safe and connected?
• Home Safety For Seniors A home can become a gauntlet for seniors. What modifications are helpful in making the home safer and more aging friendly?
Or let us know what topic you'd like us to address.