Sequentially Art brings together fans and aficionados of two popular art forms for consumption and discussion: movies and comic books! Join us as we explore the art of visual storytelling. This group is for anyone who appreciates movies and/or comic books and wants to talk about them with like-minded folk.
What to expect?
• For movies, we will watch something on the big screen and then gather somewhere afterwards for discussion (bar, coffeeshop, diner, etc.).
• For comic books/graphic novels, we will read something selected beforehand, and then gather somewhere for discussion.
A few words about getting the most out of this group:
• Good conversation and friendships are the true goals of this group. If you're just looking for people to watch a movie with then this may not be the right fit for you. For comic book events, please read the material and think of a few things you would like to share/discuss before the event.
• Late cancellations and no shows can be very disruptive for members and organizers. Please do your best to be considerate of others when managing and updating your RSVP. Multiple late cancellations and/or no shows may result in warnings and/or being kicked out of the group.
• Discussions will generally take place in business establishments not affiliated with the meetup group (ex. cafes, bars, etc.). These businesses need to generate revenue in order to remain in business; therefore, please plan to make a purchase of some kind (ex. cup of tea) while we're there to justify our presence (and the space that we occupy).
• We will maintain a respectful tone and attitude towards all participants in our discussions.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. Looking forward to meeting you at the next event!
Our first movie event for 2019 will be GLASS, completing M. Night Shyamalan's trilogy of comic inspired movies that started with the unforgettable Unbreakable. We'll meet at 6:45 in the lobby of AMC Kabuki to catch the 7PM show. Afterwards we'll grab a bite/drink nearby for discussion.
Note that AMC Kabuki offers reserved seating so I strongly recommend you buy your tickets in advance. UPDATE: I’m in Seat I22