Are you an avid reader or are you looking for ways to start reading more? Are you interested in getting new reading recommendations, get rid of your old books and take some new books back home? Are you keen on meeting like-minded people and have interesting conversations over a book and a drink? Are you in for some fun, bookish, nerdy, activities? If your answer is yes to one of these questions, then this group is for you!
This group aims to bring book lovers together in a kind and welcoming environment, where people can share their stories and books with others.
Join us for some bookish activities and conversations, we look forward meeting you :)
- The books can be borrowed for a maximum period of 3 months.
- If you’re not able to attend the meetup within 3 months, then please make sure to contact the book owner directly so that we can arrange a time to pick up the book outside of the meetup time.
- You can extend the borrowing period if the book owner has explicitly stated he/ she agrees with the extension.
- Each person is responsible for getting their own books back. The book exchange club members are there to support you (in helping you to contact the person / keeping the book for you etc)
We care about our members! You are valuable to us as a contributor with your ideas and book suggestions. Please do help us to make it easier for us!
We search for cozy, unknown cafes to make the best out of our events. We rely on the benevolence of cafe owners to leave enough seating space for us. Last-minute cancellations make us an unreliable client for the cafes, and decreases our potential to get comfortable, nice reading places. Please help us by respecting your RSVP and avoiding last-minute changes.
- The event location will be shared on wechat with the people who have RSVP'd, +/- 4 days prior to the event.
- RSVP but no show: 4 deductions
- RSVP 3 to 1 day before the event: 2 deductions
- RSVP change earlier than 4 days before the event: 0 deduction
You can collect maximum 4 deductions over a period of 1 year. Afterwards you'll be deleted from the group. You can join again after one year or by inviting us for dinner / drinks.