Welcome to the Shoestring Adventures community! Connect with others who share your love for the outdoors. We offer guided weekend camping and backpacking trips across California, as well as Meetup hikes on our local trails.
Weekend Camping & Backpacking Trips: Weekend trips are led by experienced guides with current Wilderness First Responder and CPR Certification, who will empower you with the skills you need to become more confident planning your own adventures, like how to start a campfire, prepare a delicious meal outdoors, read a map, Leave No Trace and more. Connect with like-minded people, enjoy gourmet camp meals and say “cheese” for our Triptographers, who will document the experience. Click here for upcoming events.
Meetup Hikes: Meetup hikes are led by Shoestring Ambassadors. Hosts are not experts, but community members who have earned their Wilderness First Aid/CPR certification with Shoestring Adventures and who want to gather and connect with others in their favorite outdoor spaces.
- Please respect your fellow hikers by keeping your RSVP updated. After 2 no shows, we reserve the right to remove you from the Meetup group.
- For safety and liability reasons you MUST have a clear PHOTO of yourself on your profile that shows up on the listings.
- We start every group hike with an icebreaker: Introduce yourself with your name, area of town you live in and the answer to the Shoestring Ambassador’s icebreaker question.
- Group hikes are limited to 10 attendees per hike leader. Large groups may be divided into smaller groups to minimize impact on the trail and the community. Group minimum is 4.
- Be mindful of your environment and practice Leave No Trace.
- We are a “leave no hiker behind” group. Please respect this and keep track of those around you.
- Need to take a breather? Notify your hike leader. People should not feel rushed on our group hikes.
- We don’t discriminate. All are welcome. Please respect your fellow Shoestring Adventures community.
Hike descriptions are carefully designed to set clear expectations for each event. We take your safety seriously and would not like for you to attend a hike you’re not ready for. We offer hikes for all levels, from beginner to advanced. These guidelines will help you select the level of hike that’s right for you.Beginner
: Nature walk with no real inclines
- Duration: 1-3 hours
- Distances: Less than 3 miles
- Surface: flat trail
- Elevation change: little to none
- Good for: First-timers, beginners, most kids, most teens
: Some endurance and stamina required
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Distance: Hike up to 6 miles
- Surface: Rolling terrain with some steep ascents/descents, switchbacks and uneven trail
- Elevation Change: up to 2,000 ft
- Good for: Experienced hikers, no beginners, no kids, some teens
: Long distance with challenging climb for experienced hikers
CONNECT WITH US!
- Activity: May last all day
- Distances: 6+ miles
- Surface: Mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents, switchbacks and uneven trail
- Elevation change: 2000+ feet
- Good for: Experienced hikers only, no beginners, adults only
Stay connected with the Shoestring Adventures community!
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Follow us on Instagram! Share your favorite memories by tagging your photos @shoestringadventures #shoestringwarrior. Also, tag #sa[your city] to connect with fellow Shoestring Warriors in your city!