addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Message Board › Busy Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source calendar for early 2012

Busy Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source calendar for early 2012

Alison C.
user 8979363
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Thursday January 5 at 7 PM: Sven Beiker of Stanford will speak at Intel in Santa Clara about "The Future of the Automobile: a Stanford Perspective."

Saturday January 21-Sunday January 22: SVAOS Booth at the Exhibit Hall at Southern California Linux Expo[/url] (SCALE) at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport. I will have a limited number of complimentary meeting registrations for group members or their friends who live in L.A. or their coworkers or whoever else who promise to help staff the Booth. Please speak up if you would like to contribute a flyer, a poster, a job opening announcement, a resume etc. to the Booth. Members are invited to show their own personal work or that of their employers. Edmunds will co-sponsor the Exhibit, so I hope that they will coodinate with us somehow.

Saturday January 21 at 6 PM: I will be giving a presentation at SCALE on "Automotive: the Next Frontier for Mobile Linux," a hopefully vastly improved version of my demo and talk from last month at SVAOS. (I am working on it full-time between now and then.)

Unfortunately my plan for driving a bus to L.A. has fallen apart, but I still am planning to carpool. Give me a holler if you're interested.

And don't forget our previously announced presentation by Tata Consultancy Services on Tuesday January 24 at Hacker Dojo, "Advanced Driver Awareness System and IVI[/url]."

Don't forget that members are encouraged to nominate future presenters, including themselves or their employers. We welcome site visits and tours as well as talks. Please consider also posting announcements of relevant job openings to the group.

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Alison