What we're about
Silicon Valley Social (SVS) is a social group for singles and couples, including all ages of adults who enjoy socializing and meeting new people in the Bay Area of Northern California. You are welcome to join us as we do a variety of social events including going to night clubs, restaurants, museums, vineyards, hiking adventures, house parties, etc. We will also sprinkle in some community volunteer opportunities. We will LEVERAGE our group to receive discounts, extended happy hours, and other great perks that an individual cannot get.
Our members range in age from 21 to 80+. We don't discriminate. If you are looking to just hang out with people your own age in trying to hook up, then this isn't the right group for you as this is a very diverse group with a lot of positive energy. Join and you will meet some quality new friends.
This group is about helping out in the community, having fun, socializing, and meeting new friends while in a safe environment. By joining this group or remaining a member of this group, you agree to refrain from the list of inappropriate behaviors listed below while attending Silicon Valley Social (SVS) events or visiting the Silicon Valley Social Meetup site. If you exhibit any of the following, you will be removed from the group:
• Sending spam emails to members to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Posting comments on an event page or using the "Start a conversation..." functionality to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Not having a picture where you are recognizable. If you aren't recognizable in your SVS profile picture, then you are subject to removal and will have to request to rejoin the group with a valid photo.
• Sending emails to members you haven't met for the purposes of dating or picking up. This isn't a dating website.
• Having multiple profiles with the group. Only one profile is permitted per person.
• Being touchy or physical with another member (overly aggressive).
• Causing another member to feel uncomfortable based upon behavior OR comments (creepiness).
• Showing inappropriate pictures or content to other members at an event.
• Excessive gossiping about fellow members and/or creating too much drama.
• Behaving in a manner that suggests a sense of entitlement such as requesting organizers to volunteer too much of their valuable time.
• Excessive no shows in relation to the number of events attended. Note that we take attendance at most events except music in the park events.
• Repeatedly bailing out of events right before they start. A high frequency of this behavior can lead to be removed from the group.
• Stalking other members.
• Showing up to an event without securing a spot (crashing). Note that members are not allowed to bring a guest to an event unless they secure a spot online for their guest.
• The same thing holds true for couples who use one profile. Make sure you secure two spots if both of you are attending an event. Note that for some events with limited spots we don't allow any guests to register as we want to provide value to as many members as possible.
Expected Member Conduct
Members are expected to read the event description before attending an event. This helps eliminate the need to ask questions that have already been explicitly stated in the event description.
Please use a personal photo where you are recognizable for your profile as we like to know whom we are communicating with and we take attendance at our events. Otherwise you will not be admitted to the group or you might be removed from the group.
In order to receive important emails sent from Event Organizers, make sure that you have the following setting options enabled for this group: ‘Announcement about a specific Meetup’ and ‘Announcement to members about the group’.
Note that we sometimes remove inactive members from the group. We encourage active membership.
IMPORTANT TO READ REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Disclaimer for Event Activities and Site Use / Release of Liability
In exchange for participation in the activities organized by the Silicon Valley Social (SVS) Meetup Group I agree for myself and my guests (if applicable), to the following:
I am responsible for my own interactions with other members of the SVS Meetup Group. I understand that the group does not do background checks on any of our existing members or on new members joining the group. This site makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its members. The organizers and event hosts of this group are NOT liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to my conduct or anyone else's conduct in connection with attending an event with the SVS Meetup Group or use of this site. This includes, without limitation, bodily injury and emotional distress. I agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the group, including if decide to meet outside of an event. In addition, i agree to the group's terms and conditions noted above and to abide by them.
I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by organizers or event hosts of the group when attending an event.
I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the organized activities and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my guests, and further release and discharge the organizers and even hosts for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my guest’s attendance of an SVS event, whether caused by the fault of myself, my guests, or other third parties.
I agree to indemnify and defend SVS against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in way arise from my or my guest’s attendance of an SVS event.
I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my guests.
Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to agree to this and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before agreeing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY JOINING THIS GROUP OR REMAINING A MEMBER OF THE GROUP, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER THESE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS NOTED ABOVE.