What we're about
We are a small group of friends who want to meet other single parents with children, mostly from Miami-Dade and South Broward County. We focus mainly on children's activities, although we may have an occasional adult activity. We have a mix of parents. Some have toddlers, some have small kids around six to ten years old, and we have some parents with pre-teens, boys and girls.
If you do not see events near your neighborhood, please, please go ADD AN EVENT and post it. Sometimes smaller kids like going to the park and swinging and sliding the most, and everyone loves house parties.
If the weather is bad, check our web page discussions, or RSVP or call or text us, we may change the agenda at the last minute and go do something else, particularly if we have no YES RSVPs. We do not usually cancel events for thunderstorms, when they pass in an hour the weather is better than ever.
See our about page and our photo albums for some of our previous activities.
POLICIES FOR THIS MEETUP GROUP:
1. Singles For Children is open to single parents/grandparents with children through seventeen years old. We will consider single parents with young grandchildren who wish to join, or single parents with older kids on a case by case basis. If your kids age out of the group you can still attend events if you have been active. You can also attend events on the weekends when you don't have your kids. If you are dating someone, feel free to bring them, if they don't want to spend time with your kids, now is the time to discover that. If you reconcile with your spouse or fiancée, especially bring them, why would I want to ban those who are good examples?
2. You can only email those people in the group whom you know, unless you are assisting organizing a meetup event.
3. We do not mind moderate drinking. However, at all times your behavior must be family and kid friendly.
4. Please let the organizer (me) know if you receive unwelcome emails or advances.
5. Profile pictures are not required. However, as this is not a dating site, please no glamour shots, no bikinis, or all-skin shoulder pictures. Also, please no grossly inappropriate profile contents.
6. Guys, we may ask that you make your meetup groups public.
7. You are free to post a kids’ activity even when there is another activity posted for that day. There is one exception: the two Easter Egg hunts on the two Sunday afternoons before Easter are our flagship events, for which we rent pavilions so we have shade and shelter, so we do not want any other activities posted that day. We will reschedule any posted events competing with the Easter Egg hunts.
I started attending this group when my son was 3 and I was recently divorced. It was hard to find other single parents to hang out with that understood being a single parent.
During the years, I have met and made lifelong friends and my son has had great paly dates.
We try to have meetups for all ages and encourage all members to post at least one meetup a month.
This past year, I became the group organizer and took on the responsibility of paying the monthly dues for the group
I look forward to welcoming new members and having great meetups.
Feel free to reach out any time.