addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

$insational Jazz, Blues, MORE! Message Board › My conversation with Carol! ABOUT OUR MEETUP GROUP.

My conversation with Carol! ABOUT OUR MEETUP GROUP.

Rob C.
user 9561752
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 19
Carol: I came to Jazz at Jacks with a friend recently. We could not find the
group. We even asked the servers but they had no clue.

Hi! I'm Rob,
What's happening is people either don't sign UP or not show UP so a group of 8 becomes 3 or 4 and a group of 2 or 3 becomes 1 as you know!

The Band feeds off the audience, and the audience gets its energy from the band and i feed off both! I get amped UP when there is 10+ in the audience making it a good show! We anticipate a group of this size will have hundreds of supporters, So when you say "We could not find the group", then that means it fell apart! and everyone can sit wherever they want! because there is no group!

The whole point of us coming together as a group, is so we can meet one another and get the discounts and specials thus making our evening less expensive! I look for the best entertainment and offer it for 'free' or very inexpensively, my job is to save money period. So when someone's drops out, others see that and they don't sign UP or drop out too so we can not get a core group of people to build the discounts and specials with! thus we are not saving money!

Our focus is music base, but we want to do Wine tasting, Food parties, entertainment and everything from Artshows to Cruises! So as you can see we got alot we want to offer that we can't because of the lack of support .... There are some business people in this group, so they should know that all of this cost money! we try to raise money but our fundraisers have no support! We try to grow our membership, we are 2000+ now but we still can't get 50 people support for our events! And about our events! That can't be the problem because we offer some of the best in Denver! and there is a large variety of good local talent that's much better than staying at home or watching TV!

All of this! with some of the best musical entertainment in Denver, makes it very hard. We should have atleast 200 people at the DOTSERO Happy Hour! and atleast that many at the Fine Dining Party @Texas De Brazil Steakhouse, two very good events but as you know our group is not at that point and again with the very best professional entertainment that Denver offers!!!!
I tell you what! I will talk with anyone about how you can make an impact by becoming an Officer?
Be apart of our management team!
Got Ideals? speak to us about 'Advertising your business to our members'.
Your opinions matter! rate and comment on our events!
and help us be #1 in Food, Music, Entertainment, and More!

It is so good and fun for us to come together and meet one another and alot of fun too! Besides, I really was looking forward to meeting each of you and i'm sorry that our group do not value wanting to meet our members and making new friends as I do! We can only get better at this because we are the best in this space period.

See you at the show.