addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Skeptics of Tucson Message Board › Skeptics of Tucson and JREF

Skeptics of Tucson and JREF

Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 38
Greetings,

I was reading this week's copy of "Swift", the weekly magazine published by the James Randi Educational Foundation, and it occurred to me that the members of Skeptics of Tucson would benefit from knowing that it exists...So...I'm letting you know.

You can find "Swift" and lots of other skeptic stuff at www.randi.org.

One article that interested me in particular was the one on Skeptics in the Pub...

Check it out fellow skeptics...

On a side note, while the Tucson Atheists are loosely aligned with the American Atheists and (possibly) Atheist Alliance International, the Skeptics of Tucson might consider an alignment with James Randi Educational Foundation...thoughts?
Rich L.
RichL.
Platteville, CO
Post #: 93
Hey Don,

If you don't remember me from the JREF cruise you probably remember the long talk you had with my Girlfriend Crystal.

Well I wanted to comment on your Idea of alliances.

I think it would be great if there was a place to align with other skeptic groups. If JREF wanted to be that group I think the Denver Skeptics would join. The closest thing I see currently is meetup and connecting the Skeptic groups on meetup. I did try to connect the organizers of the meetups through a google group. Also there is a group called Drinking Skeptically that groups can become part of.

Don maybe you and I could work together to create American Skeptics that consolidates groups of skeptics. Australia has one and i think it is a good idea. I think CSICOP tried to do this.