Ahoy game makers!
We are back again with SPECIAL game jam :D It's going to be GMTK Game Jam 2019!
This will be a great opportunity because quite known Youtuber and game designer Mark Brown is organizing it. And after the end of the jam, he plays all the games and reviews them. Then he makes a video and if your game is great it could be in the video which is a really cool reference for YOU. Video announcement of game jam: https://youtu.be/vWSmZgL50vE
and old game jam video: https://youtu.be/s2ebZXQ_J8Q, https://youtu.be/yDmjt-UfybM
You can check the game jam site on Itch.io: https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2019.
So join us for the on-site game jam in Ljubljana, where you will try and make games in 36 hours.
Location of the event is at ABC Hub in BTC. They were so nice to provide us with the place. There will be space for making games, sleeping, eating (internal kitchen) and also toilets. For more questions see Q&A.
Please register for the event through Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ljubljana-gmtk-game-jam-tickets-64779669736
so that we can expect how many people will come (there will be 50 tickets available).
You can also check the event on FB:
The artist behind the event photo is Jude Christoper Roxas, find him on IG: https://www.instagram.com/jcroxas/
== Q & A ==
Q: What is GMTK Game Jam?
A: GMTK Game Jam is a 48-hour game making marathon, focused on design, mechanics, and clever ideas. Game Jams events where creators are challenged to make a game in a single weekend.
Q: Can anyone participate?
A: YES!!! The event is free and open to the public. People with all kinds of backgrounds can participate.
Q: What do I need to bring?
A: You need to bring 5 things:
1. A lot of energy, good spirit and great ideas :D
2. Your computer with all your favourite tools installed, updated, and ready to go. Plus don't forget to bring extension cords and UTP cables (just in case if you have stationary PC).
Some tools for artists: Photoshop, Gimp, Mari, Substance, Blender, Maya, 3ds Max etc.
Some tools for programmers: Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, Godot, Visual Studio, Sublime, VS Code (basically your favourite editor) and some Git client like Source tree.
3. Some utilities that will make your sleep at the event more restful:
- Armaflex or Turbo Maximus
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Something cosy to wear. That also a good rule in general. Don't come in a fancy shirt or tight jeans.
4. Personal hygiene stuff that is basically the same stuff that you would bring to camping:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
5. Some snacks and water bottle. There is also a fridge to store snacks. But don't overdo it. There will be also a lot of stores open so you could buy stuff and there is a kitchen if you want to prepare something.
Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: Games Slovenia will provide some food (Probably NOT PIZZAS) and some drinks. But please keep in mind that you must also bring your own food. There are a lot of stores in the vicinity such as Lidl and Spar.
Q: What about parking?
A: There is a lot of parking spots around the place. Plus there is a garage house near http://bit.ly/ParkirnaHisaAtlantis)
Q: Does this place have showers?
A: Unfortunately no, but if you want you can go to Atlantis (http://bit.ly/AtlantisVodnoMesto).
Q: Can I work remotely?
A: Absolutely, but the whole point of on-site jam is to collaborate in person.
See https://itch.io/jam/gmtk-2019 for additional information.
For any other questions, you can ping me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rok.kos.7) or send an e-mail: [masked]