2575 New Hope Church Road, Cary, NC
No matter the season, but especially during the Summer, please be sure to bring plenty of water, and a snack so you can refuel and stay hydrated as needed.
Ride Pace Classifications: A 18+ mph; B 16-18 mph; C 14-16 mph. This is the average pace to maintain for the duration of the ride. Interested beginner/D riders should let the ride hosts know in advance if you are new to riding on the road or cycling in general.
*If you would like to ride, please RSVP with the pace and distance you would like to ride.
*Please choose the appropriate group to ride with. Ride is NO-DROP but you should be sensitive to the average pace each group is targeting.
*Post-ride chow/drinks at TBD, several options are available nearby.
23 - 51 miles
· If you want to print a cue sheet they're in the More / Files area.
- For the Thursday rides, the ride leader will determine which of the follow routes the various groups will ride:
• Slow Spokes is a subculture of the North Carolina Bicycle Club (NCBC).
• Please arrive in time to prepare your bike to leave promptly at the ride start time listed.
• Helmets are required.
• New riders should read Bicycling Hand Signals, Group Riding Tips, Equipment, Nutrition, Hydration in the "More" section.
• All riders should carry proper equipment in case they have a flat (spare tube, pump or CO2 cartridge). All bicycles should be in proper mechanical order.
• It is strongly recommended that you carry your driver's license, health insurance card (or copies), a note containing emergency contact information or Road I.D. in case of an emergency. You may also want to program your cell phone with an emergency contact number under the name "ICE" In Case of Emergency. The note containing emergency contact information may be used if your cell phone becomes inoperable following a crash.