addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Kieran
FullAuto
Northridge, CA
Post #: 107
I'm curious if anyone knows if there are any websites out there that are poly-friendly or at least have a decent sized poly community there.

There are a couple of sites that specialize in non-monogamous dating but I haven't found any that have a terribly large population or they're almost exclusively focused on the sex aspect. Others are large but there's really no way to indicate if you're anything other than monogamous.

I have an account with OkCupid and I've had some good luck there but I've also received a fair amount of negative attention, more than I expected.
Jim
PolyLover
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 12
I was going to suggest OKCupid until I saw you mention it. I'm surprised at the negativity you encountered there. I never experienced it. The only other site I can think of is http://polymatchmaker...­, and I never had any luck there.

Jim
--
"Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of
your souls." - Kahlil Gibran

A former member
Post #: 10
I also tried okcupid unsuccessfully. After weeks of searching members answers to the question "Are you interested in an open relationship", I finally found one person who answered "yes". But when I contacted her, she objected to that concept. So I canceled my membership there - I think it was a waste of time and money. Summary: for me, okcupid was useless for finding a poly-friendly partner. I will now focus more on local groups with real people.
Siren S.
user 116146142
Studio City, CA
Post #: 1
I know this was started a while ago, but I felt like putting in some input, in case others looked back at this discussion. I've found that if you have a profile that clearly outlines what you are and are not looking for, you tend to avoid a lot of unwanted solicitation. And just don't put much thought into the unwanted messages. The delete button is very simple and pain-free. I approach OkC as a means of just meeting people who like how I present myself. I never go on first dates straight off the internet - I just meet up for a friendly face-to-face to test the chemistry and see if it's worth making a date or making a friend. I kind of distrust poly dating sites, since they tend to cater to a very specific style of poly to which I don't subscribe. In the end, I feel it's better to build a community of poly friends. Friends make better matches than virtual algorithms any day. And I have high hopes that this group will be filled with lots of new friends.