What we're about
Welcome new members and visitors!
Enjoy great networking with a diverse mix of people from the Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, and the Inland Empire.
Join the largest iOS community in Southern California. Be a hardcore developer, an enthusiastic business executive, a creative designer, a vanguard of the new technologies, or just a happy beachgoer, a true visionary. Benefit from meeting and sharing with others, including:
1. iOS Developers (coders, programmers, analysts, testers, etc.)
2. Graphics Designers (with or without experience in mobile apps)
3. UX Experts (User Experience experts mostly in the mobile apps)
4. Other Mobile (Non-iOS) Programmers (Android, Window Mobile, etc.)
5. Savvy Users (love the technology, interest in testing new apps, want to learn)
6. Publishers (those who want to create apps with help of other members)
7. Recruiters (those who are interested in hiring members)
8. Enterprises (executives from local corporations)
9. Beta testers (for your new app)
What to Expect in 2018
1. Monthly Keynote - 4th Tuesday Night at ROC Vine, from 6:30PM to 9:30PM. (30 - 75 attendees)
2. Monthly Workshop - 1st Saturday Morning at ROC Vine, from 9:00AM to 12:00PM (20 - 50 attendees)
3. Weekly Saturday morning coding sessions from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. Get coding done with help from your peers. Bring your MacBook. These events are unlisted.
4. Monthly networking dinners where we discuss timely topics. Very casual. A great way to introduce yourself to the group! This event is also unlisted
5. Quarterly seminars (4-8 hours) on various topics such as: idea development, app store submission, and marketing.
6. Educational courses (4+ hours) that focus on specific topics such as iOS Programming or app marketing.
7. Hack-a-thon and Create-a-thon (50 - 200 attendees)
Unless otherwise specified, all events above are free, supported by generous sponsors or Linus himself. As our 8 years of tradition, food, drinks will be served at the Monthly Keynote and Monthly Workshop events. No one can enjoy an event with empty stomach. Donation at the event, or via chip-in is greatly appreciated, but not required.
Seeking 3 Assistant Organizers
1. Program Organizer - this is not about coding. This is about the passion and experience to program our events including but not limit to keynote, workshop, and hack-a-thon. Candidates must possess insights into the industry, past, present, and most importantly the future.
2. Promotion Organizer - if you have the passion, marketing & branding experience, and proficient with social media, we need you. You are the "face" of the group, and can work diligently behind the scene as well. We want to reach out all SoCal community and grow our group in size, and reputation.
3. Production Organizer - we need a super energetic event manager who are experienced with events large and small, traditional or ultra modern, can work under any budget from 0 to $100,000. The logistics for any events can be challenging and fun. You must enjoy being an event manager, and to handle all aspects of the events, before, during and after.
All organizers will meet once per month via audio/video/net conference. Please note that these are NON-PAYING, Volunteering jobs. You must LOVE helping the community. You must be able to handle all kind of pressures. Please message me directly if you are interested. We will have a chat over the phone and I will treat you lunch if we see a potential match.
Who We Are
We are a thriving community of professionals and entrepreneurs involved and interested in mobile application development, specifically but not limited on the Apple iOS platform.
SoCal iOS was founded in 2009, by Linus Lee, with a mission to introduce the mobile technology to the local Orange County community. The small tight-knit group adopted the simple idea of "learn, share, and contribute.” With members helping members the group quickly grew from 12 to 2000+ members in less than 8 years. We are now the largest iOS developers community in SoCal, and the world 3rd most active iOS communities with nearly 600 professional events. On August 11, 2017, we officially changed our name from OCiOS to SoCal iOS. Our members also have a new title - the beachgoer! Why not? Now there are 3 million apps out there, mission accomplished. Our new mission - to be the vanguard of the Machine Learning Revolution. Mencius said this 2300 years ago "The way to seek new knowledge is to reclaim your lost heart. 學問之道無他，求其放心而已矣。"
To ensure everyone benefits from this meetup, we expect all members to follow these guidelines:
1. Always be professional (*1), and courteous towards others.
2. Do not spam our message board—no email spam, either. No exception.
3. Sponsors are welcome, but, please contact our founder/Chief Organizer - Linus.
4. Register properly and include a photo with your Meetup profile. Anonymous lurking is creepy (👁 ͜ʖ👁) Let us know who you are. We will remove all members without proper photos in 2017.
5. When we meetup at a local restaurant or cafe, please order something (at least a lemonade!) and leave $1 tip, too. It's good karma.
6. Sign up early to help us plan space and food needs. Update your RSVP if you cannot attend an event.
7. Learn, contribute, and have fun — we're a community and your participation matters.
8. Local members only. We want to meet you. If you live in LA, OC, or vicinity area, you are welcome to join us. If you are only visiting, you are welcome as a guest.
9. Post your real name and real photo, not an avatar. Thank you.
Again, a warm welcome!
P.S. Please email only to 1 person at a time. Do not email to the entire group, or to all organizers. You do not want to receive more than 1 response, do you? These emails will be ignored.
For any job postings, please email only to Linus, he is the organizer and the founder. We expect a small donation from you to cover our cost. Thank you.
*1. Strictly enforced. Please read the meetup's disclaimer and limitation of liability below:
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PUBLIC EVENT, PRIVATE EVENT OR ACTIVITY LISTING IS AT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RISK. THE HOST OF ANY EVENT MAY REFUSE ADMITTANCE, MAY CHARGE AN ADMISSION FEE, OR ASK YOU TO LEAVE AN EVENT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON.