A fun and friendly, social walking group for dogs and dog lovers. The walks will take place mainly in North Shropshire (Telford/Shrewsbury mainly) and West Staffordshire. On occasions we will venture to parts of Cheshire/Wales/South Shropshire.
The walks will be a variety of woodland, canal walks and hill walking where for the majority of the walk dogs will be let off lead. It will also allow us all to socialise with like minded people. All dogs are welcome whatever the size or breed. The aim is to allow the dogs to socialise with each other. A lot of our dogs and owners have seen an improvment in their dogs from group walks.
For some walks due to parking or the area the walks may be restricted on numbers.
Although the group is friendly and have had no issues in the past please find below some rules within the group:
• Changing your mind and cancellation - During the winter months the walks may be cancelled at short notice the night before the walk if weather is bad. Please check the site on the morning of the walk before setting out.
If you are no longer able to make the walk please change the status on the walk asap. This will allow people on the wait list to attend. If you are unable to make on the day please put up a message on the board or message the walk organiser, this will avoid any unecessary waiting at the start of the walk.
• Lateness and getting to the walk - Directions to the start point will be posted on the event and a postcode of the start or a place nearby. Please be mindful that a postcode can cover a large area so you should always double check your route before you head to the walk. If you are going to be late please message the walk leader. If the start of a walk is a public car park the walk leader will put a comment about the cost of the parking.
• Dog Owners - Each members dog is the responsibility of the member/owner during the event and should bring water/treats and poo bags for their dog. Also cleanup after their dog and dispose of the bag appropriately.
• Nervous Dogs - If your dog is nervous please inform the walk leader at the start of the walk, this will allow them to help you and your dog have a less stressful walk by trying to avoid any issues with dogs causing your dog stress.
• Walk Leader - When you attend a walk you are required to listen and follow any direction the walk leader gives. This will include letting people know when it is safe to let their dogs go off lead and when the dogs need to be put back on. If you refuse to comply with reasonable requests you maybe removed from the group.
• Removal from Group - If any member continually ignores the rules or behaves inappropriately or acts dangerous to other members they will be removed from the group by the organisers.
Please feel free to sugeest any new walks or places to visit to an organiser.
All people attending the group with their dogs do so at their own risk. Any accidents or injuries are not the responsibility of the group.
Any members who have not visited the site over a year will be removed from the group.
As we will all get to know each other during the walks sometimes we will put up social events for a meetup to a pub or to watch a band etc....... these will be put up as an event and if a deposit is required the organiser will request the payment by a certain date. Please could you ensure you make payment by the date, to avoid anyone being out of pocket.
We look forward to meeting you and your dogs on a walk soon.