What we're about
What’s the secret to effectively making change? It all begins with an idea and happens when you act by taking a step into your power and use the ability to influence others who will believe in your social mission.
If you are ready to bring your social mission to life or if you have the desire to strengthen existing causes and have great ideas that may benefit the community, then you might be ready to join a group of with similar beliefs and desires at Social Mission Central.
Social Mission Central is a group of people who are interested in bringing change to life by increasing the number of social mission-driven businesses and strengthening the philanthropic network in our community.
We are diverse and come from all sectors and industries to share ideas, learn, and collaborate to build a socially-conscious and thriving Sacramento region. Members and doorway partners are eager to learn from each other and share wisdom about impact investing, business philanthropy, social enterprise, mindfulness in community development and business models, financing opportunities, and business development for socially-conscious entrepreneurs, and other related topics.Every community benefits from a joyful heart that beats for social mission. A forum where no agenda other than being clear that what matters to each of us and what matters to all of us can be closely aligned.
In June 2014, Social Mission Central, a developmental hub for helping people and organizations discover and stay true to their missions, held its first event. Now, the group has grown to over 50 members from diverse industries and walks of life. The next steps serving the community include:
Social Mission Central:
· Offers personal leadership programs for individuals looking to define and engage with his/her social mission, volunteer resiliency, and social cause and community leadership
· Organizes field trips and educational events to learn about community projects
· Consults with organizations to define, adopt, align and engage with their core purpose internally with their leadership and staff and externally with the communities they serve
· Collaborates and coordinates with other community development groups and organizations that align with SMC’s five-year vision of a socially-conscious Sacramento
· Mentors community leaders/groups in other cities ready to start an SMC chapter