What we're about
Hey everyone! Welcome to "Social Support - Depression & Anxiety In Ottawa"! :)
This group is for anyone looking to socialize, meet new individuals, and attend/organize numerous activities throughout the Ottawa/Gatineau area.
With positivity, encouragement, genuine kindness, caring, good intentions, acceptance/forgiveness for potential minor social faux pas towards one another, and gratitude for where we currently are, this group can continue to make a change for our future!
With regards to social events, this group is always open to suggestions. Please feel free to click on the "Contact" (below the list of organizers) button and provide a brief description of your proposed meetup.
If anyone is interested in hosting or becoming an event organizer (this is always encouraged), do not hesitate to message the main organizer.
Code Of Conduct
• No malicious, disrespectful, harassment, or discriminatory behavior will be tolerated.
• We are not a dating/hook up group.
• If anyone wishes to upload photos of other members, you should probably ask them, prior to proceeding.
• Please RSVP "Yes" to any meetups you plan on attending. Some events will require a minimum of 24-48 hours notice to confirm reservations.
• While we completely understand that other life engagements may impede your attendance to meetups, it would be greatly appreciated if those RSVP's would be changed in a timely manner.
Please refer to the Pages (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/19911128/About_this_Meetup/)link to read Gentle Reminder Pertaining To Photos with Others (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/26041180/Gentle_Reminder_Pertaining_To_Photos_with_Others), Inclusive Safe Group (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/26047001/Inclusive_Safe_Group), Concept of Intersectionality (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/26047057/Concept_of_Intersectionality), and The Importance of Human Intentions (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/26047067/The_Importance_of_Human_Intentions).
The Importance of Human Intentions (https://www.meetup.com/Social-Support-Depression-Anxiety-In-Ottawa/pages/26047067/The_Importance_of_Human_Intentions) is a good read, as it highlights/reinforces that life is a learning process. Therefore, along with maintaining a safe space, this group is also committed to accepting/forgiving very minor social faux pas, especially if this member had no harmful intent!
Anything you may want to ask or know, please do not hesitate to do so :).
- Christopher, Angela, Marian, Olivia, Ali, and Julie (Organizers)