What we're about
Hello Meetup members,
Following up on the last update on change of guard and Rules. Please find the rules below. In case of any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the organizers.
Our goal is to provide a fun, friendly, competitive environment for tennis athletes. We encourage and promote good sportsmanship, respect and teamwork.
Committee member: An Organizer or Co-Organizer that will regulate and facilitate Meetup events and evaluate N.T.R.P. ratings for new members. Will decide amongst a collective, issues, grievances, warning infractions, suspensions and if necessary banishments.
Event Organizer: a member designated by the committee to assist with arrangement Meetup events. Event organizers do not have the authority to issue warnings, suspend or banish Meetup members. Should an issue arise, the Event Organizer can bring it to the attention of a Committee member.
Meetup Member: a member who abides by the Meetup rules set forth, membership dues are current and displays good sportsmanship at all times.
• THE COMMITTEE
The committee was created to assist the organizer with facilitating Meetup events and organizing match play. The committee members are active Meetup members and are very passionate about the sport of tennis. Committee members and Event Organizers are also subject to the same rules and regulations as Meetup members. Should an issue or grievance arise with a member of the committee or an event organizer, the remainder or the committee shall collectively decide what action is to be taken. The committee members shall have equal parts in the decision-making process and will utilize a majority vote system. The committee consists of in no particular order of importance, Eric, Denese, Joe, Niki, PY and Tag.
• GENERAL RULES
• All new members shall have their skill level evaluated by a committee member to determine their N.T.R.P. rating. This assessment is necessary to ensure proper placement and pairing for Meetup events.
• Members N.T.R.P. ratings can be re-evaluated by a committee member and increased or lowered based on the progression or regression of the member. Members can request a re-evaluation, however the decision of the committee members is final.
• Members are not allowed to organize pre-arranged matches. All matches will be facilitated by committee members or event organizers.
• All matches will be guided by current USTA rules, unless otherwise stated.
• Only members who have an RSVP will be allowed to play. Members on the waitlist will be allowed to participate after two hours after the event starts.
• Members that RSVP and do not show or cancel within 2 hours of the start of the Meetup event, will be issued a warning infraction.
• All members shall conduct good sportsmanship and be courteous to other members at all times.
• Sexual harassment, racism, sexism or any kind of intolerance will not be tolerated and will result in the permanent ban from the group.
• Members that do not adhere to the rules of the Meetup will be subject to warning infractions or banned permanently.
• Issues or Grievances
• Members are encouraged to report any issues or grievances they have to a committee member or event organizer as soon as possible.
• All issues and grievances will be taken into consideration of committee members.
• Warnings Infractions and Permanent Bans
• In an effort to show fairness and equality, all issues and grievances will be presented to the committee and a collective decision will be made as to what action needs to be taken.
• Only committee members are allowed to issue warning infractions or ban a member from the Meetup group.
• If member receives three warning infractions, the member will be suspended from the Meetup for a period of one month. If a member is suspended twice (six warnings), that member will be permanently banned and any membership dues will then be forfeited.
• Membership Dues
• All Meetup members will be required to pay $10.00 in annual dues.
• Dues will be utilized to maintain the Meetup website and fund meetup activities throughout the year.
• Membership renewal dues will be on an annual basis based on the membership date.
Members choosing to be a part of the MoCo Top Spinners Montgomery County Tennis Meetup are acknowledging the rules and guidelines set forth. Members are encouraged to participate in Meetup Activities, however all members play at their own risk. The Meetup Organizer, Co-Organizers, Committee members, or Event Organizers are not responsible for any injuries that could occur from participating any events or meetups.